This TDS is applicable for the United Arab Emirates only. Please contact your local Polybit sales office for the available TDS in your region
Acrylic aliphatic protective and anti carbonation coating
Polyguard 101 is an acrylic aliphatic based protective and anti carbonation coating for reinforced concrete and masonry surfaces. It consists of a single component pigmented coating ready for immediate site uses. Polyguard 101 is applied on a silane siloxane penetrative primer which works by penetrating into the pores of concrete, masonry or stone work and reacts with moisture or water vapor that is present thus forming a hydrophobic silane siloxane seal to the capillary pores. This hydrophobic treatment is very effective in reducing the passage of water and water borne salts whilst allowing moisture vapor to dissipate to the atmosphere.
- Highly durable.
- Excellent flexural and elastomeric properties.
- High UV resistance and resistance to long term weathering effects.
- Available in various colors. Low maintenance cost.
- Excellent barrier to various chemicals like CO2, chloride ions, sulphates, oxygen, water and other aggressive contaminants.
- Breathable and can allow moisture vapor to escape from the structure.