Home Structural Repair Bonding Agents Polybond SBR
Polybond SBR is a Styrene Butadiene Rubber copolymer based product which is used in mortar and concrete as an admixture and bonding agent to increase its water resistance and durability.
Fields of application
- Enhances the flexural and tensile strength of the mortar and render.
- Provides good resistance to water and moisture vapour transmission.
- Improves the chemical and abrasion resistant properties of the mortar.
- Can be applied in thin screed without cracking.
- Reduces the water/cement ratio.
- Easy to use.
- Compatible with all types of cements.
- Reduces shrinkage.
- Prevents bleeding.
- Excellent adhesion to most building materials.
- Good resistance to salt permeation.
- Prolonged corrosion protection.
- Similar thermal expansion and modulus properties like concrete.
- Can be used in potable water applications.
Bonding: For bonding of new to old concrete, tile bedding and fixing of slip bricks.
- Waterproofing Internally: Basements, Swimming pools, Potable water tanks, sludge tanks & ducts, tunnels and underpasses.
- Waterproofing externally: Structures above ground
- Waterproofing suspended floors: Patios, walkways, balconies, wet areas, plant rooms.
- Waterproof bonding: Bricks slips, copings, Pre-cast treads and risers.
- Waterproof/Protective Slurries: Potable water tanks, sewerage and mild chemical holding tanks, porous concrete, block work and long term protection of reinforcements or friable concrete soffits.
- Repair of Concrete.
- Admixture: As an admixture for cementitious systems. Improves the durability, water proofing and abrasion resistance properties of mortars.